Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mommy and Daddy went on a date!




Last night, mommy and daddy went on a date (they are over there on the right). Mommy's friend from junior high school FINALLY got married so we took a road trip to my grandmother's house (Memaw). She had not seen me in several months so mommy and daddy thought it would be nice for her to see me and watch me while they went to the wedding. I had a great time playing with my 4 year old cousin, Samantha. At first, I did not want to be there. Daddy finally took me outside to play on the swings and I was fine after that. They left when I was sitting in the golf cart with my Memaw beside me. She has really cool toys!!! That night, my Memaw and cousin Mitzi tried to put me to bed. I knew if I cried a little, they would pick me up. It worked like a charm!!! I did this for about 30 minutes. It was great. Daddy called during this time and told them to just let me cry...I would fall asleep in five minutes. He said they were suckers. hehehe


Mommy and Daddy came back early the next morning to see me. After biscuits and sausage gravy (I did not like the lumps in the white stuff), I went outside to play with the tractors! Memaw has TWO!!! Here I am on the lawn mower. I quickly found the shifter and had a great time steering the mower. I could have sat there all day but mom made me get off. After this, Mitzi let Samantha and I sit on the tractor in the front yard. This was the best!!! Samantha was bored and got off. I stayed on and played with the steering wheel. I even made the noises I thought I tractor might make.


We left around 10am since daddy had to get back to work. Mommy and I hung around the house and then she took me to the store to buy me.......a TRACTOR!!! I cannot believe it. She finally got the message!!! All of those hints I have been dropping finally got threw. Here I am holding my tractor. I wanted to take it with me in the car to get some ice cream. Yep, daddy had this great idea this afternoon when he got home from work to go get some ice cream. I did not like the ice cream in the first place but was glad I tired it again. I used a sampler spoon which fit great in my hand. When I was finished eating all of mommy's ice cream, I wanted to throw the cup away in the trash. Hey, I clean up after myself sometimes. I got out of my chair, yep, I was in a big boy chair like daddy, and ran over to the trash and threw the cup away. I ran back and forth picking up napkins from in front of daddy so I could throw more things away. One time, the trash can bit me but mommy kissed my fingers to make them feel better like she usually does. Ahhhh....I had a great day. Wonder what we are doing tomorrow?

No comments: