Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a great day. It started out like most Sunday mornings. We woke up and decided were to have breakfast. We typically have breakfast at home but on Sunday mornings, we go out for breakfast. This morning, we went to Starbuck's for a drink and then walked to the Kolache Factory. Collin likes this place because he loves to watch people. Sunday mornings is especially busy with people coming in after working out and before they go to church. He loves it when kids come in. This morning, he noticed several little girls outside. They did not come in but their mother's did. Right as they walked into the door, Collin made a howling noise and it seemed like he was doing it to the ladies. I laughed and then let Collin know that women do not liked to be howled at. Thank goodness they did not hear him. When we got home, I walked into the door first. Collin came in behind me and was caring a present. I sat on the bottom step of the stairs so he could open the present with me. I LOVED what I opened. Him and daddy made it for me which was even better. Here is what they made.
Daddy said that Collin did most of the painting and then daddy fixed it up a little. I thought they did a fantastic job. I love the colors. The plate is sitting in our kitchen so I can see it every day.
After naps, Daddy headed to work for a few hours and Collin and I ate lunch. These days, he loves to throw the trash away. We were sitting in the living area eating our lunch because I still cannot lift him and put him in his high chair. He was sitting there and noticed a small piece of paper on the floor. He had to pick it up right then and left to throw it in the trash in the kitchen pantry. He lifts the trash can lid and even closes the door. He came back and then he and monkey, his favorite stuffed animal, continued to eat lunch. He feeds monkey and has him drink from his sippie cup. Not sure why he does this but it's cute.
We then headed to Mimi's house to hang out with the family and give her a present. Here we are in front of Mimi's house. This is for those of you that said you don't see enough pictures of me on the blog.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

love that gift - think I may steal that idea for Father's Day!!!