Friday, May 20, 2011

Star Spangled Banner in the Morning?

One of the many ways we convince Collin that it's time to go to bed at night is to show him that it's dark outside.  He had turned this around and used it on us.  In the morning, he has been turning that around on us.  He walks into our room, pulls the blinds up and tells us "It's light out" or "The suns out so get up!" if we are still in bed.  It does not matter that it's still only 6:30am.  If it's light out, then it's time to get up. 

This morning, I took the day off and was still in bed when he walked in before 7am.  I heard him come in, mess with the blinds and then walk over to my side of the bed. 

Collin:  "Mommy, it's light out.  Get up!". 
Mommy:  "Collin, the alarm has not gone off yet.  Get in bed with me". 
Collin:  "I said it's light out.  It's time to get up.  My stomach's growling"
Mommy: "Just five more minutes"

He crawled in bed and I thought to myself, "Good, I can get a few more minutes sleep now".  I was wrong.  he leaned over towards me and started to sing The Star Spangled Banner over and over again.  I did my best to not laugh.  How many other mommies were woken up this morning to The Star Spangled Banner?  I was so lucky....even though I had planned to sleep in a little longer this morning.

No comments: