Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Batman and the Gymnist

As you have read already, Collin loves wearing his Batman cap and gymnastics.  For the past few days, he has combined the two into what I would call "Jumping Batman".  He figured out how to climbed on the bar stools that are behind our big couch in the living room.  With his cap on, he jumps or falls from the bar stool onto the couch.  Each time he does this, the back pillows from the couch fall which makes for a great landing pad for Batman.  He sometimes stops in the middle of this jumping to get pillows from his room, put them on the couch and then tumble across them.  I am trying to work or clean the house when he is doing this.  "Watch this Mommy!" and then he will tumble on the couch.  He fell off the couch one time (not hard at all) and thought this was a blast.  He started doing it again laughing and saying "ouch" when he landed on the floor. 

Another part of this game is that I blow the "whistle (really just make a whistle noise)" and then he jumps on the couch.  He does this for over 30 minutes having a great time the entire time.  We can always fix the couch pillows later.  Daddy and I enjoy listening to Collin have a good time.  Plus, I remember doing this and building "forts" with the couch pillows and chairs when I was younger.  I want Collin to explore and be creative like this.

I don't have a picture of all of this but will snap a few soon.

No comments: