Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Measure Me Mommy"

For the last several weeks, Collin has been interested in how much taller he is.  He either talks about it or demonstrates it by standing next to something and showing me that he is taller against the object than he was before.  I can tell he has grown when he stands next to the kitchen counter or table but he obviously is aware of how much taller he is near other objects as well.

Last night after he finished eating a big sandwich, he told me, "Come here Mommy.  Get a color and come back to my room with me."  I guessed that he wanted to measure himself on his growth chart I have set up in the bathroom.  Sure enough, when I went into his room, he was standing at the growth chart telling me, "Mommy, measure me to see how much I am now."  This is what he looked like:


Doesn't he look proud of how tall he is?  You can also tell he is a pro at this because he is standing up straight and his heels are touching the base board.

No comments: