Friday, May 13, 2011

Bookstore and Dinner with Friends

We met Ms Terry and Melia tonight to have some fun with friends.  It had been too long since we saw them.  I picked Collin up from school and was a little early to meet our friends so we ran an errand first.  I had a gift card to a local store so I thought I would check out what they had.  I found two work shirts for my suits which were colors I had been looking for. 

Collin was ready to see his friend so we went to the bookstore a early.  When we walked in, he said "Have we been here before?"  I asked him if the place looked familiar and he said "Yes" while heading straight back to the kid section.  There were not only children's books but toys and stuffed animals.  He played with the Thomas the Tank Engine train set while waiting for Melia.  A little girl younger than him came over to play and he got slightly irritated with her because she wanted to play with the train he had in his hand.  Fortunately, he also had to leave and go potty at this time to break up the toddler fight that was about to start.  When we got out, Melia was there.  We looked at books and the kids were very helpful to pick out books for us to look through.  Collin would rather pick out the stuffed animals that represented characters in the books they were next too.  He held up two different dragons and said, "Mommy, let's bring these home OK......Maybe we can at least bring one home" and the gave me the BIGGEST smile.  Oh....he is good!  We did not buy the dragons though.  I did convince him to put them back.  He then picked up two puppies and carried these around the rest of the time we were there.  Daddy was ready to eat so we headed to checkout....only with the books we were buying for birthday presents.  He kissed both puppies and put them back.  He really does still love stuffed animals.  If we bought every one that he wanted, he would not have any room in his room because there would be so many animals in there.

We met Daddy at a local Mexican restaurant, Escalantes.  It's one of my favorites because the salsa is great.  We ordered queso as an appetizer.  Collin probably ate the most of it....takes after his Mommy.  I LOVE queso too.  He was so hungry that he ate half of his food to which was chicken tenders and ketchup.  I am surprised he at ate all because we did have to take 4 trips to the bathroom for "false alarms".  He ended up going potty at home. 

What a great night with friends. 


Waiting for a table...

No comments: