Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Tea at School

This morning, I went to Collin's school for Mother's Tea.  This was in honor of all the mother's.  The kids greeted us with a present and a list of A Few of Mom's Favorite Things.... Here is what Collin said about me:  "Mom loves to eat donuts, drink milk, watch girl shows, work on her computer and make cheese sandwiches for me".  Huh!  This is hilarious.  When have I eaten donuts in front of him?  Maybe once.  Cheese sandwiches?  I make him sandwiches but not necessarily cheese sandwiches.  The list for the other mother's was just as hilarious.

The kids then sang three songs for us.  Collin actually participated this time for most of each of the songs.  The first one was either his favorite or at least the one that he remembered the words the most.  It was a Bob Dylan song, Forever Young.

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.


Here he is right before he sang the first song.  He was so excited to see me standing in the audience full of mom's watching him sing.  I was proud of him for participating and not clinging to my leg like the last time there was a "performance".  While he was singing, he would occasionally look at me to make sure I was watching him and then he gave me the biggest smile. 

The next song was "She's a Lady" by Tom Jones.  Collin liked singing the part about Shes a lady...whoa whoa whoa, she's a lady.  Here is a small part of that video.  Don't you love the concentration?


Then, there was one more song.  Collin did not sing much of this one.  I could tell he was getting tired.  After the songs were over, the kids were to bring the mom's a snack of pound cake and a cookie.  Collin brought a plate over and sat it on the table.  I went to take the cookie and he "snaked" it out from under me.  I said "I thought you brought the snacks for me".  He told me "Yours is over there" pointing to the rest of the plates.  That little stinker!!!




I then opened my gift from him that he made in class.  It was a handkerchief around a paper doll.  Collin drew blue eyes and long hair on the doll to represent me.  He held it up and was so proud of what he did.  Then, I found the picture of me that he drew.  I picked it first out of all the others recognizing the way he draws.  He did a good job because he drew lots of hair and legs coming out of my head....for very long legs. I love the drawing.  He also gave me a ring he made.  He loved that I put it on and was still wearing it when he gave me a hug before I left to go back to work.


Collin, thank's for making me a mommy and my day today.  I love you!

No comments: