Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Fun

This weekend was full with friends and family as usual.  We are very blessed to have the friends we do have.  Saturday, Collin and I ran some errands before I dropped him off at the Jureks while I went to a triathlon training class to get some pointers about how to save time during transitions.  For those of you just dying to see a picture of me, here you go:
Learning transition pointers from coach Carolina.  I am in the purple. 

While I was training, Collin watched a little of Spiderman and then took a nap for most of the time I was gone.  I came over, got cleaned up and then waited for Daddy to come over too.  When he got there, all of us besides Ms. Kristen went to the park. She stayed behind to make us a wonderful dinner.  The kids all wanted to swing until it was time to go.  Saige got off the swing and said "hill Daddy!".  We did not know what that meant but understood when we rounded the corner.  It meant it was time to run the hills.  The parents smiled at this idea because it meant that 1) the kids would have fun doing it and 2) it would wear them out so they would not fuss too much when it was time to take a bath.  Here they are right before one of the races.  They did this at least 7 times and laughed the entire time.
Dinner was great!  The kids played outside afterwards and then watched a little of a movie before we headed home.  Daddy had to get up EARLY in the morning and we were all tired from a great day.

Today, Collin and I went to the Club (what we call the gym) so I could swim laps while he was in the Kid's Zone watching Shrek.  He did not want to leave when I was ready to pick him up.  That helps me not feel so guilty when I am working out when he has such a good time in the Zone that he does not want to leave.  When we got home and while waiting for Daddy to arrive, Collin played in the backyard in the dirt.  He loves digging and playing in the dirt.  He calls the front yard "digging in Mommy's plants" and in the back yard "digging in Collin's dirt".  He was not ready to go when Daddy arrived.  He told us that "I want to eat at my house".  I asked him if he liked his house and he said "yes, I do.  I don't want to leave".  We both knew that he was having fun in the yard and told him that he could play in it when we got back.

He did get his wish when we got back and after he and Daddy woke up from a nap.  He got to play in the back yard after we had a "picnic" in the back.  We had grilled cheese sandwiches, soup and grapes.  Collin and I threw and kicked the ball after dinner while Daddy watched the TV on the patio.  The weather was great and I could not have asked for a better evening.  What a way to end the weekend.

No comments: