Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sick Gymnist

I picked up Collin early from school today to go to gymnastics.  The kids were eating a birthday cupcake but Collin was not.  Ms. Arlena said he did not want any.  I did not think that was too unusual because he typically does not like cupcakes.  When he saw me, he did not run to me like he usually does.  He walked slowly over to my whimpering.  I asked him what was wrong and he said that he wanted to sleep at his house for 2 minutes (while holding up 2 fingers to show me how many 2 minutes was).  I told him that I was picking him up to take him to gymnastics and he said that he wanted to sleep first. Did he have a nap today?  He said he did. 

I drove to gymnastics anyway thinking he might want to go inside and sit for a little while.  He did not want to get out of the car but wanted to rest on my lap instead.  We were about 10 minutes early so we sat in the car during this time to see if he felt any better.  He did not so I drove home.  He did not fall asleep on the way home but looked like he was about to.

Instead of laying on the couch to watch a movie like he usually does, he wanted Monkey and to lay in his bed.  He told me to "get your computer and then sit in the chair in my room".  I thought that was a good idea because I wanted to be there in case he "choaked".  I am glad my computer has a batter that lasts over 3 hours.  I am writing this after he has already been asleep 3 1/2 hours.  He has moved around during this time and did get up to go potty (proud Mommy moment there).  Each time he has woken up briefly, he has been whimpering which tells me he does not feel any better.  He is not as hot as he was so the sleep is helping him.

Prediction:  LONG night because he will get up early.  Let's hope not since I was at work by 6:30am today.

No comments: