Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feeling Better

Collin felt much better yesterday but it was a good thing that he stayed home from school.  Mimi came in the morning to watch him and then Daddy in the afternoon.  They said that he, for the most part, had his energy level back but could tell that whatever he had was still working its way through his system. 

I would have loved to stay home with him but it was a tax deadline day so I really needed to be at work.  When I got home, he wanted to go outside....and I did too.  Instead of playing in the backyard, I wanted him to continue to rest so I loaded him up in the jog stroller and we went for a walk in the neighborhood and then along the trails.  We were gone over 1 1/2 hours having fun exploring the trails.  When we started off, Collin wanted to count the squirrels we saw.  I asked him how many did he think we would see and, after thinking for a little bit, said five.  I thought that was a good number especially since we saw two before we left our street.  We ended up seeing 19 squirrels. They were all over the place!

When we were on the trails, Collin wanted me to "go over all of the bumps" with the stroller so I did.  He either laughed, said "whoa!" or told my which additional direction to go when we did this.  I was having fun with it too.  We ended up crossing over several bayous and he wanted to stop and see the water.  He did not want me to get close though.  Glad he does not have that much "adventure" in him to want to get close to the water.  Mommy likes to know that he is a cautious 3 year old.  We eventually found this OLD playground near what turned out to be our community pool which I have never seen before.  It's close to 30 years old from what I remember so the playground equipment had to be that old.  See for yourself:
Collin had fun playing on the slide and climbing because he was the only one there.  He quickly figured out that grabbing a handful of the tiny pebbles and then releasing them down the slide was a lot of fun.  We brought a ball and he did the same thing with the ball.  We also threw it to each other a few times before we had to head back to the house.  I ran with the stroller on the way back home and the thought that was fun.  "Are we going faster now Mommy?"  I told him that we were because I was running and then hoped he did not ask to go faster.  I was going as fast as I could!  What a great evening with my son.

Later that night as he was walking down the hall to start getting ready for bed, he stopped and yelled out to Daddy who was in the living room to "watch some great movies Dada".  He started walking towards his room, stopped and then said "watch some bad movies too if you want".  Where does he come up with this?

No comments: