Friday, March 25, 2011

The Gymnist Went to School

After a day of rest at the house yesterday, Collin did not have a fever and feels better enough to go to school this morning.  I will pick him up and hopefully take him to TKD (short for Tae Kwon Do....thanks to Monica for using it when she talks about Lizzie's TKD class) and swimming for Mommy because I did not get to go this week yet.

Yesterday, Daddy and Mimi watched Collin at the house.  Here is Mimi's recap of the day:

Collin woke up early around 6 a.m., napped from 1:40 on sofa until around 3:30 and went to bed very early around 8 p.m. He did not seem to have temperature during the day and did not appear to be ill. On the sofa for a nap, he fell asleep with a candy ring in his mouth while watching TV. I turned TV to soft classical music for the afternoon. A little before Chris came home, Collin woke up disturbed about something so I gave him monkey and he went back to sleep. At first, I thought he wanted the candy ring or cartoons back on. Chris said at end of his nap, Collin woke up crying. Collin asked if Mimi went home and was surprised to learn from Chris that Mimi works at the bike shop (I had earlier told him that Dad, Mom and I take turns taking care of him). Collin said he needed his Mimi.



Collin had donuts for breakfast, 3 eggs and half piece of bread for lunch, 3/4 small box of raisins for snack and little bit of banana and applesauce for dinner. Dinner and most meals I've seen contains cheese slices. Collin insisted on cracking the eggs on his stool near sink area. He stirred the eggs and I poured them into the skillet. Collin asked for bread to push around the eggs or put egg on the bread. Collin asked me to squirt ketchup on his eggs which I did. Collin ate some of the banana while laying on the floor. He giggled when the peeling flapped into his face. Most of the day Collin drew with colors at his table in the office, watched landscapers or looked at computer of pictures of him and focused on video of waterpark large bucket overturning on him and Chris. Collin drew a large circle for sun and small triangles.  

Collin's usual bedtime routine is bath, brush teeth, put on PJs and read books but around 8 p.m., Collin headed to his bed for "5 minutes" he said.  Collin told me to bring my computer and stay with him.  I knew what he meant by this as Laura had told me yesterday early evening she stayed in his room for about 3 hrs while working on her computer.  Tonight, after Laura went to tend to Collin who woke up after I left the room, she said Collin asked why everyone leaves him.  He said this because no one stays in his room after he goes to sleep in his bed.

He woke up several additional times so I ended up sleeping on the floor next to his bed for about an hour.  I went to my bed after that.  He woke up at 4:30am and was ready to talk about his day and say prayers "because we forgot to say prayers last night Mommy".  Really Collin, you want to talk and hang out at 4:30am?  I convinced him it was not time to get up because it was still dark outside.  I am so thankful that this "trick" still works.  He crawled in bed but did not go to sleep for at least 45 minutes.  He got up to potty, needed different covers, wanted a drink.....I know it was him thinking of anything he could to keep me there.  I crawled back into my bed 10 minutes before the alarm went off for me to start my day.  Should be a good one!  ;)

No comments: