Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dr. Collin

Daddy has not been feeling well since Sunday.  Sunday afternoon, when Daddy was sitting on the couch, he asked me to cover him and get him some water.  Collin was in the kitchen and heard this.  He came into the living room and told me his stomach hurt.  He then sat down in a chair and told me that he was cold and needed a blanket like Daddy.  Hmmmm.....I knew that he was feeling fine but liked the attention that Daddy was getting. 

Tonight when he came home from school, Collin saw that Daddy was in bed...and had been there most of the afternoon.  He went into his room and came back with Monkey.  He sat him down on Daddy's side of the bed and told Daddy that he could have Monkey since he was not feeling good.  Dr. Collin knows how to make anyone not feeling well feel MUCH better. 

If you are not the one feeling bad, Collin goes right back to a typical 3-year old and starts giving orders.  For example, Mimi was over tonight to help. Collin had been laying on the couch and wanted someone to get his water that was right in front of him on the ottoman.  He ordered me to do it and I asked him to ask nicer than that.  I guess he did not want to do that because he got up, walked through the kitchen into the office to where Mimi was.  He asked her to get the water for him.  Really?  He just got up, walked past it to ask someone else to get it for him.  I was proud of Mimi for not getting the water for him.  What a turkey-butt.

No comments: