Friday, April 23, 2010

Morning Helper

Usually in the morning, both my boys are asleep when I get ready for work. Only Daddy wakes up about the time I am ready to leave. This morning was different. After my morning walk/run (I get up every morning around 5:30am to do this), I noticed a little boy was on my side of the bed with his Monkey. Collin must have gotten out of his bed again. He did that twice last night, came to my side and said he wanted to get in Daddy's bed. Daddy transferred him back once after Collin fell asleep and then I did the next time. I must have woken him up when I went outside for my walk since I leave out the door off of our bedroom.

Instead of him staying asleep while I got ready for work, he met me in the bathroom with his monkey and a pillow. I tired to get him to lie down in the closet with the door open but light off so he could at least rest. He was more interested in watching me get ready for work. I had to stop to get him some milk at his request which he drank as he watched me get ready and ask "what's that" or "whatcha doing now".

I thought for sure I would run way late this morning, but was only about 10 minutes behind. I did enjoy the company since I had not seen Collin since Monday night. I was out of town on business since then and did not arrive until late last night after he already went to bed (missed him by 15 minutes from what I understand).

No comments: