Sunday, April 4, 2010

Escape Artist

Well....the time has come.....Collin has finally figured out how to get out of his bed. I cannot complain because most of his buddies were getting out of their cribs before they were even 1 years old. It took him 31 1/2 months to figure it out. He had told me before that he was scared when he tried it. Well, that must not have been the case tonight. I knew it was going to take him a little longer to get to bed since he stayed up way late the last two nights while we were out of town. Plus, Saige had just come over to play so he was wound up from the day. I thought we were doing great since I was reading books to him a little earlier than I typically do (8:15pm because he is usually in bed by 9:30pm). So, when we were rocking and he said he wanted to get in bed, I was excited to see that it was 9pm. That should have been a sign. At his request, I put him in his crib, gave him kisses, covered him and Monkey up, and sang him some songs like I do every night. After four songs, he was really quite so I left the room with the music playing and went into the den to join Daddy.

Not 5 minutes later, Collin opened the door that leads to the hallway. He peeked out and told Daddy that he got out of bed. His face was beaming because he was SO proud of himself. Ugh!!! Now, not only do I have to start the bedtime process again, he knows he can get out of bed. I wondered how long this was going to go on tonight. I went back into his room, put him in his bed, sang songs, left the room....and then stood in the hall waiting to see if I would have a little "visitor" come out of his room. After a few minutes, I peeked back in his room and he was snoring. It's been about an hour since that happened so I hope he is down for the night.

Well, I guess it's good that Pappy is getting Collin's big boy bed ready for his room. Keeping him behind bars is not going to keep him in his room much longer.

No comments: