Friday, August 7, 2009

Working at the car wash, yeah!

When I picked Collin up from school this afternoon, he was playing outside on the slide. When saw me, he immediately ran over to the gate to be let out. His hair was soaking wet from sweat. We walked inside and he stopped at the water fountain to get a drink. This is what he and Daddy do when Daddy picks him up so I did not want to break his routine. I had a snack ready for him when we got in the car. Typically, I have fruit or something from the house. I stopped at the mall to run and errand and I got Collin a cinnamon sugar pretzel. He did not know what to do with it at first. I had to show him that he can eat it. Once he finally took a bite, he wanted more and more until he made such a mess in his car seat.
When we got home, I thought it would be fun to wash the car. Collin was so hot from playing outside, I knew he would love playing with the water hose and getting wet. He did GREAT aiming the water at the car and washing it like mommy. We (mainly me) washed the car a lot quicker than I thought it would take so I even cleaned the inside of the car. He helped by "driving" and turning the radio on. That might have been his favorite part.
We took a shower to play in MORE water. He love it and did not want to get out. We needed to because his skin was starting to wrinkle and mommy was getting hungry.
I had a great time with Collin this afternoon. It's so much fun watching him learn something new and trying to figure things out.

No comments: