Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday at school

Nothing like celebrating a birthday for a week, right? Well, Collin got to this year. Yesterday morning, I brought grapes and popcorn to his school during the morning snack. As soon as I opened the door, most of the kids ran to a chair to sit down. Collin ran up to me to give me the biggest hug and was ready to leave. He finally figured out that I was staying for a little while. The teachers and I passed out the cups of popcorn, grapes and juice boxes to all 14 of his buddies. It was fun to watch one take a grape from another or look over at someone else eating popcorn. One little girl turned with her hands to look at her friend and off the table went her grapes. There were plenty were those came from.









The kids all sang "Happy Birthday" to Collin. He was beaming the whole time they sang. I was still passing out some food so I did not get to get a picture or video of this or put his birthday hat on that he has been wearing a little this week.



Here is Collin with a new friend, Meme. The teacher told me all of the kids names and I only remember a few which are the ones that he mentions every morning when daddy drops him off at school.

Here is Collin and his buddy, Nikko. Collin then ran to give Charlotte a hug. Apparently, this is something they do everyday.
It was time for me to try to sneak out but I knew that was not going to happen. Collin would not leave my side. I knew the teacher would have to help. He did cry when I left but I could hear that he had stopped by the time I got to the end of the hall.

No comments: