Saturday, August 29, 2009

Water and lots of Sliding

This morning, Mimi, Collin and I went to a local water park. Collin had a blast riding down the big water slides with me. He wanted to do it over and over again and "go fast". I finally told him we needed to check out another area of the park so we went to the Wave pool. He liked this until the waves started. He was fine with the waves when I held him and then helped him "jump" over the waves but he did not like being in the waves themselves especially when they crashed down near him.

We left there and went to the kid section of the park. Here, he discovered the slides that had water running over them. I had to show him the first one but then he figured it out after that. He wanted to climb up the steps and then slide down, over and over again. Mimi and I showed him the boat in the water that had two other slides. We then saw some OTHER slides that were three next to each other . Collin liked that Mimi or I could slide next to him. He did pick Mimi over me a few more times. I was OK with that since I got to stand at the bottom and watch the huge smile on his face when he slide down to the bottom of the slide.

It was then time to eat. Collin had a few french fries, 3 slices of a personal pizza and two bites of an ice cream sandwich. The boy was hungry from climbing up the steps and all of that sliding!

After 3 hours, it was time to go because he was getting tired. He did sleep for about 30 minutes on the way home. I thought he might have slept more when we got home and hoped he would because I was pooped!!! Nope, he was ready to play. Glad Mimi was there still so I could take a much needed nap. Thanks Mimi!!!

No pictures because we had so much fun swimming and sliding.

We ended the day at our friends, the Jureks, for dinner and play. The kids had fun trying to "drive" on the Wii game. I enjoyed watching Collin concentrate trying to drive and watch Ethan show him how to do it.

No comments: