Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back up singer

Over a week ago, Daddy was bringing Collin home from school. As usual, the radio was on and they were singing and snapping/clapping to the music. "Don't you want me?" by Human League came on (yeah, reach back several years and you might remember this one). I guess there is enough repetition of the chorus "Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh" because Collin started to sing "Don't you want me baby?" over and over again. He did it the next day too. Several days had gone by and he went on to "sing" other songs. Today on the way home, I did not even have the radio on and Collin started to clearly sing "Don't you want me baby?" within 5 minutes of us being on the road. He sang louder and grew irritated when pointing to the radio because he wanted me to find this song and sign it, I guess. I did end up finding another song to distract him a little. However, when the song was over, the broken record began again.....

"Don't you want me baby?, Don't you want me baby?, Don't you want me baby?, Don't you want me baby?"

No comments: