Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike - Update #3

Our status has not changed. We still do not have power and are not expected to have it until after Monday. We do continue to check with our neighbors to see if we have power and check on the house as often as we can. We are staying with the same friends that we have been staying with since Monday night. It sure is different watching this family's life that revolves around the 3 teenage children they have. Tonight, all of the guys are going to a movie while the girls stay home and play with Collin.

Collin does something new everyday and it's hard to keep up with all of the new things he does. One that he has been doing regularly now for the last week is bounce like Tigger. While he is sitting with his legs folded underneath him, he flings his arms up in the air and then back down to bounce forward. He will do this a few times in a row to really get moving. It's too funny when he does this and it makes us laugh.

I have been brushing Collin's teeth with a toddler finger brush for a few months now. He now is very interested in my toothbrush when I am brushing my teeth. I gave him a spare one and he took it and put it in his mouth to brush his teeth. He looked up to watch me do it and then tried to imitate me. He did quickly get bored of this and crawled off with the brush "sweeping" the floor as he went. I need to remember to not put that brush back in his or my mouth. Yuck!

He has been making a motorboat sound with his lips recently. The vibration is probably soothing to him and his new tooth coming in on his bottom left. I noticed the tooth about a week ago. The timing made since because he has been hotter than normal, a little more grouchy at night and woke up a few times in the middle of the night. It's still barely peeking through but it can be seen now.

No comments: