Sunday, September 7, 2008


Collin really likes taking paper and pulling little pieces off of it one at a time. He will take a napkin and, in less than 10 minutes, he has pulled it into tiny little pieces. I have no idea why he does this but it happens every time he has paper in his hands. I did learn recently why I need to keep the bathroom door shut. I could hear Collin busy doing something. I had left the room to go into the kitchen and I heard Collin open the safety gate between the main room and the office/bathroom/laundry area (I don't even know why we have it up anymore). I walked over to see what he was doing and found him sitting in an entire unrolled mass of toilet paper. I left the pile there for daddy to see what Collin did while daddy was working.


Tonight, we were at dinner. Collin was a little fussy like he has been at night lately. We thought that he either 1) was tired because I wore him out today or 2) has not liked us feeding him more solid food instead of giving him a bottle first and then feeding him solids if he is still hungry. Well, tonight he was drooling a little and biting the side of the table. Hmmmm....maybe he is teething? We did finally get him to eat some solids that I brought we me. We thought he would want to eat some of what we were having but found out that Hummus is on the top of his list of foods he does not currently like. It came out of his mouth just as fast as we put it in.
Speaking of coming back out, if he is chewing on food and he sees more food coming or put in front of him, he spits out what he is chewing to make room for the new food. He does this every time. We tried putting all of his food on his tray at once and he would try to put it all in his mouth at one time. Of course he had a hard time chewing it. So, we thought we would stop that by giving him a little at a time. However, if we don't pay attention to if he has finished chewing what he has in his mouth and put more food in front of him too early, he instantly start spitting out what's in his mouth to put the new food in. I try not to laugh at this because I don't want him to think it's funny and keep doing it. I have to turn my head sometimes when he does it though. I guess this is all part of the learning process to feed himself.

No comments: