Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lazy Day .... After a Race

This morning at 5:15am, Collin got up with us to watch me race.  He knew from the night before that he was going to get up early.  He was great at letting me get him dressed and then walked to the car when it was time to leave.  He did request to watch a movie (Gnomeo and Juliet) on the way to the race while eating mini-doughnuts Daddy brought from the house.  When we got there, I could tell he was excited and interested in the race by the amount of questions he was asking.  There were a TON of people there when we arrived.  There should have been because there were over 1,500 people in the race this morning.  I was on a team this time and the swimmer.  I could not believe it.  Just last year, I was the person that would have been looking for a swimmer.  There was no way anyone could have convinced me that I would be racing triathlons AND swimming for other people.  I told my teammate that I was not a fast swimmer.  He was fine with it and just wanted to be out there to ride and run.  I swam with the male 40+ age group plus the other relay swimmers.  The guys were brutal in the beginning but I did finally make it through the swim....2 minutes faster than the last swim at the same distance (500 meters) so I was really happy with that.

While I was swimming, Daddy and Collin were playing.  There was a playground nearby that Collin played on.  Apparently, there were some difficult parts on the equipment.  Daddy showed Collin how to do it and he eventually mastered it by the time I was finished racing and saw him do it.  Also, Collin got to sit inside the helicopter ambulance that was on site in case anyone was hurt.  He really liked that and told me about it when I saw him.  Not only did he have a great time on the playground, he also really liked sharing the post-race food with me.  He ate my second slice of pizza and a snow cone that Daddy bought him.  He was ready to go within 30 minutes of me finishing the race.  I don't blame him.  We had already been up almost 5 hours and it was not even 10am yet. 






We left and got groceries on the way home because, somehow I knew it was going to be a lazy day.  Daddy drove separately because he needed to stay a little longer.  We got home, I unloaded the groceries and then took a shower.  I told Collin we needed to rest before the baseball game (we had tickets).  He said he was not tired. I asked him to just lay next to me which he said he would "for just one minute".  In 5 seconds he said it was one minute and that he was going to get up to play.  I told him he could play without me in the playroom because I was too tired.  At one point, I turned over in the bed and saw a little boy laying next to me, asleep.  He went to get Monkey at some point and crawled in bed.  He was REALLY tired because he slept close to 4 hours! 

We did miss the baseball game and ended up staying home for the rest of the day.  We all needed it and it turned out to be a great, lazy day....for most of us.  I still cooked, cleaned and "fiddle farted" (as Daddy calls it) in the afternoon and evening.  The boys did not mind though because some of the fiddle farting involved making chocolate pie topped with whipped cream and Reese's Buttercups plus baked cheese raviolis. 

No comments: