Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Wolf and Lincoln Logs

I mentioned to Mimi the other day what I thought would be good gifts for Collin for his birthday coming up.  I thought of Lincoln logs because I LOVED to play with these when I was little.  That and Tinker Toys.  I thought it might be fun for us to build with these.....and I knew that Mimi either had some or could find them from previous garage sales hunts. 

When Mimi came over Thursday to pick Collin up from school and watch him, she brought two sets of Lincoln logs.  Collin helped build with the logs and first but then became a "wolf" and started tearing down the roofs from the houses.  He said he was a "wolfess" blowing down the "roofess".  We continued to build and he continued to be a wolf.  Last night, the army men guarded the houses tried to protect them from the wolf but the wolf was too strong and still tore either the roof off or "blew" the entire house down.  Since he was not building the houses but tearing them down MUCH faster than I could build them, I told the wolf that the "construction worker" needed a rest.  It was not as much fun as I remembered to build and then have it demolished right in front of you.  Boys play differently than girls.......which I already knew.

No comments: