Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cousins are so much fun!!!

We had a great day today.  Instead of running around with errands, watching me race, or training for a race, Collin and I stayed home ALL day today.  I would have rather slept in more than 5:45am when Collin woke me up.  We played in his playroom for about an hour and then we ate a small breakfast.  Collin got tired and asked if I wanted to lay down with him.  Oh yes...I sure did.  We took a great nap waiting for Aunt Lisa, Timmy and Leah to come over.  They arrived around 9:30am and stayed until after 5:15pm. 

We had a great time.  Because it was going to be 107 at the heat of the day, we swam in the pool in the morning for about a hour.  Leah had a great time in the water.  Timmy was in and out of the water faster than I could pay attention to him.  Glad there were two of us watching him. 

Ms. Sopapilla after swimming
After coming inside, we had a snack hoping the kids would be ready for a nap after swimming and eating.  The boys were not.  Leah did sleep but for about 20 minutes.  Most of the time, we all hung out in the playroom.  They boys played with Collin's new toys from his birthday and the mommies watched Leah giggle and watch the boys play.  They made a HUGE mess in the playroom....but that means they did have a great time. 

At one point, we stopped to take pictures because Mimi wanted pictures of her grandkids together. I thought I got a few good ones with the moving subject matter I was taking pictures of.  They were on Collin's bed which is where he wanted to take the pictures.  He took a few pictures of me but I will spare you those (remember, up at 5:45am and swam....no shower).






What a great day.  The boys never took a nap.  Collin fell asleep by 7:30pm on the couch after dinner.  Maybe 7:30pm - 8pm is his new bed time.  I can get used to that.  :)

No comments: