Friday, August 5, 2011

PJ Day at School

Today, the kids got to wear PJs to school.  At first, Collin thought I was kidding that he could wear his PJs to school.  He had a small frown on his face and told me that his PJs were wet and he did not want to wear them wet to school (he had just woken up and was still in bed when we were discussing what he would wear).  I said he could change the ones he was wearing and put clean ones on.  I suggested for him to wear the ones I laid out which were short-sleeved and thin instead of wearing his favorite long-sleeved flannel ones.  It is over 100 degrees outside these days....and my child is probably the only one wearing flannel PJs this time of year. 

While I was doing chores around the house, I noticed that he was still in his room.  I asked what he was doing and he told me he was changing.  He came out of his room still wearing the flannel top but did pick out new PJ bottoms...and underwear.  They did not match, of course, because these were from two different PJ sets.  I explained this to him and he did not care.  "Will other kids have PJs on at school?"  "Will Ms. Kristine have PJs on?"  Can't you tell that he was really concerned that he was wearing something different to school.  I said that they all were.  We then talked about who would be wearing what PJs.  "Jacob will probably have dinosaurs and Alex will have superheros".  He asked me what I thought Ellie would be wearing and I said something with a Princess on it. 

He was not hungry and was ready to go to school as soon as we finished talking about what the other kids might be wearing.  I think he was excited and could not wait to get to school.  Here he is on the ride to school watching "Thomas the Tank Engine" in the car.

When he was getting out of the car, he giggled.  I think it's because he was still not sure that he could wear his PJs to school.  The kids were on the playground so we went outside in the back.  As soon as he saw that other kids where wearing their PJs, he was more confident and starting running towards them.  He called out to me what the kids were wearing "There's Superman Mommy!"  I bet he had a great morning checking out the other kid's PJs.  I cannot wait to hear all about it when I get home.

No comments: