Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mocking Bird

Collin is officially in the mocking bird stage of his life....and he knows when it will annoy me.....or at least has perfect timing for it.

Tonight, it went something like this:

Me:  "Collin, it's time to take a bath"
Collin:  "Collin, it's time to take a bath"
Me:  "Collin, stop copying me"
Collin: "Collin, stop copying me"

Me:  "OK, time to take a bath"
Collin:  "Take a bath"

I just stopped talking....and it worked.  He did eventually get in the bath.  When it was time to put his PJs on, it started again.  Ugh!  After a long day at work, it's hard to find patience for this BUT it's also really cute because I remember doing this when I was a kid.  What I don't remember is how long I did it for.  The answer is probably over a year...or even more.  Great......it's Collin's turn.  Sorry Mom!  I know how you felt now.

No comments: