Monday, September 5, 2011

Roller Skating

Daddy had the best idea EVER for Labor Day.  He invited more than 10 of Collin's friends to a local roller skating rink for the kids to roller skate.  I had to go to work but stopped by for almost an hour because I could not miss his first time to roller skate.  I am SO glad I was there.  He did fantastic on the skates.  Even if he fell, he quickly got right back up and started skating again.  I think he enjoyed having his friends there to skate with or race (of course, he had to race).  My cheeks were hurting so hard from smiling so much while I was there. 

All of the kids were doing sooooo good and looked cute using their "roller crutch" to skate with.  Where were these when I learned to skate?  Towards the end, Collin started using the crutch under his armpit and scooted it around that way.  Not really the way it works or helping him out much but he was getting really tired.

Look at those TINY little skates



Even Daddy joined in and looked like he was having a good time
After skating, most of the kids and parents met for lunch at a new local restaurant.  The kids had a blast all sitting in one booth by themselves with the parents at the next table over.  Daddy had to go to work after that so Mimi came over to the house to watch Collin while his parents labored on Labor Day. 

After we got home from work, we met Pappi at Luby's to celebrate Mimi's 60th birthday (sorry Mimi...just had to post your age).  Collin wanted to sit by Mimi and not me.  I guess he did not miss me too much when I was at work.  He ate really well for dinner....fish, macs and cheese and a few bites of fried okra (he likes this and picked it again tonight).  He really liked his green jello that he had to have.

When we got home, he packed his own clothes to sleep over at Mimi's for the night because school is closed tomorrow and Mommy and Daddy have to work.  Mimi and I enjoyed watching him make his selections of clothes, count what he picked out and then put the items in his bag.  He looked around his room to see if he needed anything else and then walked out.  He kissed Daddy goodnight and then headed to the front door calling for Mimi to follow him.  I guess he was OK with spending the night away from us.  What a big boy he is getting to be.

No comments: