Thursday, February 4, 2010

Opposite Day

As you can tell from several previous posts, Collin is using full sentences these days. It's regular that we can have conversations with him. This does not mean, however, that every word he uses in the sentence is the correct word. For instance, any person is a male. He will use the male pronoun when referring to a male or female. At dinner the other night, he told Daddy to "get him some water" referring to Mommy. I told him that I was a girl and a "she". He corrected himself but then later used "he" again in another sentence about me.

He does still live in opposite land too. He will say:
- "off" when I know he means "on" (referring to the light usually)
- "up" when he means "down" (steps)

....and so on. If you follow what he says, he will get upset with you because you ARE doing opposite of what he is saying....but, he thinks you are not listening to him.

Another example of saying the reverse of what he really means is when he is getting out of car. He will get out of his car seat, step to my direction, and say "Mommy, I want to hold you" really meaning that he wants me to pick him up. This is always after he swings on the overhead handle once or twice (the handle where people might hang their clothes from the dry cleaners).

No comments: