Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Growth Spurt

Collin has been a really good breakfast and lunch eater. When it comes to dinner, we never know if he is going to be hungry.....or should I say eat.....or not. I will think of at least options for dinner and start with one to see how that goes. If he is not interested, then I move to the next. Most of the time, he picks at his food but does eat some of it. I am not sure if he is snacking close to the time we pick him up and then have dinner or if he is really not hungry.

Well, last night was not the same scene at the house for dinner. He arrived and announced that he was hungry. Mimi was there because I was still on my way home from work. She gave him some eggs and hash browns which he did eat some of. He then ate 3 slices of Pappy bread (he calls all bread Pappy bread because of Pappy and his bagels) and then some strawberries. Not a back dinner so far....more than he usually eats at night. Then, I got home and started to make me some dinner after I put on some comfy clothes. He watched me eat my salad and then asked for snap, crackle, pops cereal. I poured him some in a little bowl and he ended up eating 3 1/2 bowls of cereal. He sure was not kidding when he said he was hungry.

Late last week when I picked Collin up, his teacher did comment that he was growing. I really had not noticed it....but I guess she was right.

No comments: