Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hanging out at Mimi's House

When we heard that cousin Timmy was going to be at Mimi's all day, I thought it would fun for Collin and him to hang out for the day. I also knew that Timmy was walking and I had not seen him do this yet.....neither had Collin and I thought I would be fun to see his reaction to Timmy doing this.


We arrived with some lunch for Collin. I told him to get in his chair that he usually sits in when he eats at Mimi's and around the corner, Timmy came walking. Collin stopped and stared at Timmy. He was not sure what to think about him walking....so he turned around and ran. Timmy walked after him. Collin turned the other way and had a stressed look on his face. I don't think he was ready for Timmy to walk yet. He did finally make it to his chair only to have Timmy walk up and try to grab his cup from the tray. Collin was eventually able to eat and then the boys played in "Mimi's Playroom"....aka her living room. After playing for a little while, I thought it would be fun to get a few pictures of them. I knew that taking pictures of toddlers would be a challenge....and it was. Here are a few of them on the couch. I know Collin is older and should be bigger than Timmy, but he looked REALLY big next to him and matured him even more.





Timmy did take a 3 hour nap but Collin was never interested. He continued to play and wait for Timmy to wake up. I even ran errands with Collin thinking he would sleep in the car.....nope.


When we got back, Timmy was still sleeping. The back door to the pool was open and Collin wanted outside. He found a riding toy and started to ride it around the pool....I think to just make me nervous. He did to a great job of staying away from the edge and turning it around when needed. There were a few times that he even picked it up over the steps around Mimi's pool to keep going.









Timmy did wake up and watched Collin ride around. Then, Collin decided to run around the pool. He must have ran around it 20 times.....not kidding. He was all sweaty but having a blast. Timmy even wanted in on the action but did not do to well walking on an incline.

Before Collin got tired, we posed the boys on the 3-wheeler. Notice Collin's sweaty hair. We then went to dinner where we met Daddy and then came home. What a great day. I know the boys are going to continue to have a great time together....getting each other into trouble and exploring the world.

No comments: