Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Weekend

This weekend was busy for us a usual. Daddy took the day off Saturday to be with Collin and I since we were out of town the previous week. We had a great time in the morning relaxing around the house (well, the boys relaxed....you know me well if you read that and thought I was joking that I relaxed). Here is a picture of the boys watching TV after a big breakfast.



We all piled in the car to attend a baby shower for someone I work with. Collin and daddy hung out with Sydney's daddy while she slept during the entire shower. She woke up when everyone left. Collin and Sydney played for a little while before we had to leave. Her mommy took pictures and I will post them soon.


Sunday, I went for a bike ride with a friend while the boys slept. After I got back, we played together as a family. Collin has some balloons still from a friend. He had fun trying to keep it in the air by hitting it with his hand (with my help). He also has fun knocking the blocks over that daddy or I stacked on top of each other. I brought back an old computer mouse that aunt Nancy gave us which is his new favorite toy. I am sure he will get bored of it soon. After he took a brief nap, we headed out to run some errands and then play at Maria and Matthew's house in the afternoon.






Collin and Matthew had fun playing with Matthew's toys. They really play well together. If one of the boys was playing with a toy that the other one wanted, then he would let the toy go and find something else. Eventually, he did get to play with the stolen toy. Collin's favorite "toy" was a newly cleaned plastic dog bowl that he found in the kitchen. All of the toys were practically new to him and he focused most of his time chewing on the bowl. After about an hour, we walked to the community pool to swim for about an hour. Collin floated in one of Matthew's pool floats. He got bored of that so I put him on the side of the pool for him to jump from a sitting position into the water and my open arms. I would count to 3 and sometimes he would jump before 3 but he would jump every time and smiling the entire time. He did this over 10 times and did not get tired of it....I did because my arms or out of shape!
A shock for me was that he wore the hat I put on him the entire time he was in the pool even during the jumping times. I could not believe it. He has hated hats or anything on his head for about 7 months now. I hope this was not a fluke and that he will allow me to put hats on his head. I love him in them. We came home and Collin went to bed about 1 1/2 hours earlier than usual after he drank almost 13 oz of milk. His usual is 6 oz. He was a hungry little bug.

No comments: