Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Day in Colorado

After going to bed around midnight and a LONG day of travel, I was hoping Collin would sleep in a little before we started the day. NOPE!!! I heard him stirring around 7:15am. I laid really still hoping he would not figure out that I was in the bed next to his pack n' play. He played with the book I put in there for a few minutes. He was then really quiet so I thought he went back to sleep. I rolled over to see little Collin looking over the top of the pack n' play and smiling at me as to say "Good Morning! Are we going to play now?" We got up and greeted Nancy in the kitchen. Collin was ready for breakfast so I fed him and then Nancy and I ate. While we were eating, he enjoyed playing in a borrowed "office" from a local cousin. This one does not have as many gadgets on so Collin was bored with it at first. Then he found the blue toy you see in the picture to the right and started to perk up.




After breakfast, I put Collin in the hiking backpack to walk around a local lake. Collin loved looking around and was really fascinated by the sounds outside...cars going by, the birds and the people using the trail around the lake. He was not too excited though because he fell asleep about 10 minutes into the walk. I was ready to go back inside anyway because it was already 85 ish degrees outside. Plus, a backpack with a heavy, sleeping boy is not too comfortable.



To cool down, we all sat in front of the fan. Those of you keeping up with postings know that Collin is really a big fan of fans (hahaha...it's late here). He loves that his hair flies up in the air and the sound the fan makes. He got really excited and would crawl away from the fan, stop and laugh and then crawl back to the fan. On the way back, he would "Ohhhhh" and smile.

After getting cleaned up, we had to run some errands...especially to get Collin some formula, diapers, food and other Collin supplies (like the new onesie he is wearing in the picture with Nancy...early birthday present from Nancy). We all ate lunch after that and then browsed in a local toy store. Collin slept for most of the lunch and the first part of the toy store shopping. He really needed it. He woke up finally probably because Nancy and I were playing with all of the toys and making noises. We came back to the house for a long, long nap (2 1/2 hours). We did have plans to go to Red Rocks and to the Rock n' Roll museum. Apparently, we needed to rest instead. We have several days to see the sites.

After the nap, Collin snacked a little and then we went for another walk. This time, we headed toward the mountains. It had cooled down a lot by then so it was really pleasant outside.

I hope you enjoyed the extra pictures....a bonus for having to wait on my butt to post them.

No comments: