Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"When's my birthday again?"

I can tell that Collin is getting excited about his birthday coming up on the 20th.  He has asked several times about his birthday, who has been invited and who has said they will be attending.  He mainly is interested in the following people being there:  Timmy, Saige, Linden, Alex, Ellie, Mommy, Daddy, Mimi and Grandma H.  Sorry if you did not make the list.  By the time he gets to the end of the list, he is ready for the next question.  If I divert him back to listing people, I am sure you will make it on there.  :)

Last night, we were looking at the calendar and he quickly noticed the stars, hearts and big box marked around Monday, August 20th.  He asked what that was for and I told him we did that several months ago so he would know when his birthday was coming up.  He then wanted me to point to what day it was on the calendar.  I pointed to Monday, the 6th and he started counting, "one, two, three....fourteen.  I have my birthday in fourteen days!"  It was time to read books and he picked out the Clifford birthday book and the mouse book where Toast, the mouse, is having a birthday.  Hmmmm.....I can guess why he picked these books out to read.  I was shocked that the dinosaur book was not selected at all. This one has been the top choice for at least the last several weeks.  Fortunately for me, there are over 200 pages in the book so I don't get bored with it as easily as some of his other favorite books.  Also, we pick 5 pages out of that book to thoroughly read so that way he does not look at every picture which he does want to do.

Before reading books last night, he said, "I have a great idea" and walked over to his bed.  He took off two pillows and laid them on the ground next to his bookshelf.  He then instructed me to lay down on one of the pillows (the inferior one was mine...thanks Collin) while he got "covers" out of the closet to cover us up.  I read both the birthday books to him and then he announced that he wanted to sleep where he was.  I knew that he would wake up later in the night and come into my room needing help finding Monkey but I let him sleep there thinking it would be fun for him.  I laid there for about 5 minutes and he feel asleep.  Later that night, I came in to check on him before I went to bed.  He had not moved at all.  It was too cute.  I could not get enough light in there to take a picture without waking him but wish I had one to share.  Yes, at about 11:30pm, he did wake up, came into my room and asked if I would sleep with him.  He was ready to get in his bed. 

No comments: