Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Feedback From First Day of School

Collin seemed to have a great first day of school.  Daddy picked him up and they rode bikes on the way home.  On the way, Collin asked if they were riding bikes every day.  Daddy said that they were.  Collin then said, "We can ride bikes unless it's raining then we can ride in the black car...not the Jeep".  We are quickly finding out that Collin is not fond of the Jeep and all of the wind in his face.

When they got home, they swam for an hour and played with the underwater camera some more. There were some great shots and they looked like they had a good time. Next, Daddy thought they would play soccer in the front yard since Collin will be playing soccer soon.  He wanted to play baseball instead.  Daddy threw the ball to him and he did really good hitting about 50% of the balls thrown to him.  Next, Collin went to play with Saige and Linden until 7pm which is about the time I got home.  Those extra 2.5 hours he was home compared to when he went to Montessori school were BUSY!

When he was finally home for the night, I got to talk to him about his day. One of the first questions he asked me was “Mommy, why did you get home late tonight?” I was not home late but it might have seemed that way because he was home for a longer period of time before I came home from work. Some other feedback from Collin:


• “I met a new friend Julia but she’s a girl”

• “I had a really good lunch today” – we asked follow up questions to try to figure out what was good about it but he did not respond

• “School was fun. The teacher read to us”

I knew he had a good day when he announced this morning, “yeah, I have school today”. Wow, I was getting used to the question, “is it school today” and then hear the disappointment when I would reply that it was a school day. That might only be because he knows there is movie at the end of the day if it’s not a school day in the morning and he does get to spend more time with me because I am with him more when it’s not a school day.

I cannot wait to hear how his day today goes.

No comments: