Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bad Dream

Collin continues to do or say what he can so that one of us, mainly me, lays next to him when he initially gets in bed.  I, too, do what I can to get out of it because he needs to be able to go to sleep on his own. 

Last night after I told him that I needed to be on the computer for a little while before coming back in to lay with him, he said, "I have a great idea (they always are).  You can sit on this side of my bed with your computer and your papers over her (pointing to his right).  We can turn on the fish tank for more light for you."  Then he looked so sweetly at me waiting for for my response.  I told him that WAS a really good idea and then hated to tell him that there would not be enough light for me but it was true.  He did eventually lay back down and then I re-covered him and his animals back up.

I has been at the computer less than 10 minutes when he came out to the living room.  I asked him what was wrong. 

Collin:  "I had a bad dream."

Mommy: thinking he made it up just so he could come out of his room and get me in bed with him "Oh, I am sorry to hear that.  Tell me about the dream."  Gotcha kiddo!

Collin:  "There was a waterfall and I was falling down it"  Oh, that's a good one and great comeback

Mommy:  "I can see why you might have been scared.  Then what happened?"  Let's see where he takes this one.

Collin:  "Saige was there and she was crying"  OK, he is REALLY good. 

I did walk him back to his room and tucked him back in.  By this time, he was yawning and really tired.  He fell asleep within 5 minutes and did not get back out of bed for the entire night.

No comments: