Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of Public School

Today is Collin's first day of public school.  He is starting Pre-K at the elementary school just a few blocks from our house.  We have been talking about him going to this school most of the summer to get him ready for it and hoping that the transition would go well.  Maybe that's why he was fine this morning and did not throw a fit.  He was actually so excited that he only ate 3 bites of his three scrambled eggs this morning.  Normally, he eats all of these so Daddy thought he would do the same when he made them this morning.  Nope, he was ready to get dressed in the clothes he picked out.  His new shark shirt was dirty so he wanted to wear his school spirit shirt instead.  I told him he did not have to wear it but he insisted.  He got dressed and then brushed his teeth.  Daddy was getting dressed at this point and Collin wanted him to wear a matching school spirit shirt.  Collin said I did not have to because today was not my first day of work.  Don't kids say the funniest things?

After packing his lunch of 2 "fold overs" which are peanut butter jelly sandwiches made with one piece of bread folded over, bunny crackers, fruit snack and a drink, we took pictures by the fireplace.  Daddy took his first day of school pictures by the fireplace so Grandma H wanted me to make sure that I got a few pictures there.  While doing this, Daddy was getting the bikes ready to ride to school.  They plan to ride their bikes to school every day that there is good weather. 




Once outside, Collin wanted to know if I was going with him. I told him that I was not because I was going to work.  That was a good enough response for him.  He got near his bike and then wanted me to take a picture of him telling me "I love you Mommy".  At least he is still my sweet little boy.  They then got on the bike and rode off to school.

Excited about riding his biked AND going to school

This is right before he wanted to tell me that he loved me.  Aww...

Here they are headed off to school.  I cut it a little short because Daddy started telling me things that he had already told me to do several times that morning.  What, I will forget already?  It was a crazy morning because our little guy is growing up.


I caught Daddy riding back when I was heading out of the neighborhood.  He said that Collin got off the bike and headed to his new class.  He was not nervous at all and was a big boy.  I think meeting the teacher and seeing his class Friday was a great idea and helped with how smooth today went.  I cannot wait to hear tonight how his first day of school was.

Collin and Ms Hansen, his Pre-K teacher

No comments: