Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rip Van Winkle

Now that Collin is not taking naps, he is more tired in the evenings.  Usually, he will fall asleep on the way home from school but then wake up for dinner.  Yesterday, Daddy picked him up at 4:15pm to run an errand with him.  Collin fell asleep in the car about 20 minutes later in the middle of asking Daddy questions about where they were going, who they were going to see and if they had kids he could play with.   They were home by 6pm.  Typically, when they arrive, both of my boys are ready to eat.  I started getting a snack of strawberries ready for Collin while he laid on the couch......and fell asleep.  He did wake up to eat one strawberry and then fell back asleep.  I knew we did a lot this past weekend so thought he was tired from that. 

I like to keep in awake so that he will fall asleep at a decent hour at night....and because I am working in the evenings right now.  However, he was not just napping.  He was sleeping hard and really snoring loud.  Around 8pm, I got some PJs out and changed him while he was on the couch.  He did not wake up at all.  An hour later, I transferred him to the top bunk bed in his room.....still not waking up during this time. I did check his head for fever and he did not have any.  He was feeling good this morning too.  He went right back to sleep snoring even more loudly. 

Daddy and I were placing bets on when he would get up.....and hoping it would not be his favorite time of 3am.  However, he did not wake up until 7am and very cheery.  I mentioned that he must have been really tired and he told me "I know I fell asleep for so long because I could barely keep my eyes open at school yesterday".  hahaha  His stomach was growling....probably because he missed dinner....so I  made him breakfast and left for work....smiling the entire drive.  I guess my little boy was growing yesterday and his body was tyring to catch up.

No comments: