Monday, October 10, 2011

Lights Out!

Since Collin has been sleeping on the top bunk bed, he has not gotten out of bed in the middle of the night even close to the amount he used to.  Now, it's maybe once a week or even less than that.  I love it because I can get some sleep this time of year.  Because I am typically working more than 12 hours a day and still working out, I don't get but 6 hours sleep a night as it is...if I am lucky.  When I get woken up in the middle of the night, I do have a hard time falling back to sleep.

If you had not figured out where I was going with this post yet, yes, Collin got up last night.  He came to my side of the bed, sweetly tapped me on the shoulder several times until I woke up and asked, "Mommy, can I get in bed with you and Daddy?"  I thought it would be fine.  I told him it was OK and helped him into bed.  He let me know that he brought Monkey and Penguin with him.  He also brought his water that he got last night before getting into bed.  "Mommy, please put this on the table for me"....referring to his water.  He snuggled close with his guys and fell asleep.....only to ask about 10 minutes later for his water.  I wondered how many times this would happen....but that was the only one.  He went back to sleep and snored LOUDLY the rest of the night.

I did still manage to fall back asleep until I got up to run at 5:30am.  Whew, Collin was still asleep when I got back.  I got dressed as quietly as I could knowing that both of my boys needed their rest.  Daddy woke up when his alarm went off at 6:45am.  Collin was still snoring.  Daddy finished getting ready and went into the living room to work on the computer.  It was time to start drying my hair.....and I thought that this would be when I would get a visitor from the bedroom.  I was less than 5 minutes into drying my hair when the bathroom lights went out.  Thinking it odd that the shower light went out first and then the lights above the sink....but the dryer still was working, I continued to dry my hair using the light in the closet I turned on.  I cannot turn my dryer off or it will go through a cool down process for 10 min so I had to finish drying my hair before I could investigate why the lights were out.  I did not have to wait long.  The bathroom door opened and in walking Collin laughing.  He turned out the lights using his stool from the bathroom.  He wanted to come be with me in the bathroom but not with all of the lights on.  Instead of asking me to turn them off, he took care of it himself.  He did take the stool and turn out the closet light.  I was still blow drying my hair (all of this took place in less than 10 minutes) but fortunately was almost done.  Trying to find my suit jacket and jewelry in the closet strobe light was interesting but Collin was enjoying himself.

Took me a little longer to get ready this morning but it was worth creating this memory with my sweet little guy.  Fortunately, it was a holiday today so the commute helped me arrive to work earlier than I expected.  Great morning so far.

No comments: