Monday, October 24, 2011

"I will read to you Mommy"

For the first time last night, Collin "read" to me instead of me to him before going to bed.  The first book he chose was his Cars book which has several stories in it about Lightening McQueen and his friend, Mator.  He looked at the pictures of one of the stories and told me what was happening.  Most of the time, he was very detailed with his descriptions of the pages and what the cars might be doing.  I could tell that he had heard this story many times before because he used the phrases during his "reading" that were written on the pages.  The next book was about Dumbo.  Even though we had not read this one in awhile, he did a great job looking at the multiple pictures and coming up with his own story.  As he read this book, he would hold it up to show me each page as his teacher does when she reads to the class.  The last book he chose was Where the Wild Things Are.  I thought for sure he would get tired of "reading" and have me take over.  He did not and read the entire book.  I loved every minute of it.  Daddy even got to hear about a few of the pages when he came in to get a kiss goodnight.  I cannot wait until tonight to see if he is interested in "reading" to me again.

No comments: