Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Penguin Pushed Me"

At night, Collin continues to request that I tell his animal friends the rules before going to bed.  Now that he is sleeping on the top bunk bed, I do this after everyone is on the top bed.  He lays close to his pillow listening to either me or Monkey give the guys the rules.  After listing off several of the usual rules, I noticed that Puppy and Monkey had their hand raised (by Collin).  I asked Puppy what was his question:

Puppy:  "Penguin pushed me off the bed last night"
Penguin: "No I did not.  You fell"
Puppy:  "You pushed me"
Mommy:  "Ok, guys.  You know the rules.  If you push anyone off, then you are going to sleep on the bottom bed"

Then, I saw that Clifford had his ear raised for a question.  "Yes Clifford?"  "Penguin pushed me off the bed too".  I was not sure who to believe....oh, that's right, there was no one to believe because Collin was doing all of the talking for his guys.  At this point, Penguin had to sleep on the bottom bed.  I told everyone good night...and then the negotiations began about how long I was going to lay on the bottom bed before I left the room.  "How about 10 minutes Mommy?"  I told him "I have to work so how about I lay here for two songs (that were playing on his CD player by now)".  Collin replied, "How about 5 songs?"  Yep, I could see that this was not going to end anytime soon.  I did lay there two songs like I said, got up and left the room.  He was asleep about 8 minutes after that.....AND before 9pm. 

No comments: