Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

This afternoon, we went to the local pumpkin patch that we have gone to the last 3 years.  Collin asked about going to the pumpkin patch all day and was excited to finally be looking for a pumpkin.  We walked around little looking for the pumpkins we were going to bring home to paint.  I laughed listening to him describe the pumpkins he was looking at at why he did not pick it.  "This one is too small", "The one has dirt on it", "This one has lots of bumps on it.  It's old, right?"  He finally finally picked one because it was not too big.

While looking around, we saw one of his friends from school, Charlotte.  She was with her sisters also looking for pumpkins to paint.  Her and Collin climbed on the back of the wagon and then on the saddle up front.  The kids played a little together before she had to leave.  We hung around a little longer taking pictures.  I had to take one at the pumpkin cut out because he has put his face in there every year. 

Here are pictures from every year.  He sure has grown...but I already knew that.  :)

Here is 2 year old Tigger looking for his pumpkin

This is 3 year old Collin

This is 4 year old Collin.  It's hard to tell the difference between the two however his face is more mature.

Charlotte and Collin

This one made me laugh because he sat on the top of the pumpkin and announced he poked his butt.  His face sure does say it all.

This one reminds me of Aunt Lisa when she was this age.  She always had these types of smiles.
After a potty break, we did pick out two little pumpkins and one big one to bring home and paint.  It was a good thing too because the little painter was wiping his eyes and getting tired.  I thought we might need to rest first when we got home.  However, Collin was ready to paint.  He knew where I keep the paints and headed right to them.  He even started taking them out before I had the paper down on the table.  He hollered out from the other room for me to get it.  At least he was thinking about painting neatly.  :)

He painted the two smaller pumpkins and I painted the larger one.  He saw me painting the face on mine and wanted me to paint faces on his so I did.  He loved blending the colors together and painting the pumpkin....even the stem.  I think they turned out great....plus they wore Collin out.  He napped for 3 hours after that. 
Yes, he is painting with his right hand.  I noticed in the last week that he prefers his right hand now.

Here's how they turned out.  I love 'em!

No comments: