Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Growing, growing.....growing?

Collin must be in a growth spurt right now.  I have already commented how he is eating more than usual...but only for a day or two here and there recently.  The past two days, he has eaten much more for breakfast and dinner than he usually does.  For instance, he had 4 scrambled eggs for breakfast and was still hungry.  I am sure that he had not given his tummy time to digest but he insisted he was still hungry.  Daddy gave him a drink to take with him to school because they needed to go.  That's because he has also been sleeping more than 12 hours at night.  So....he is getting up later and does not have as much time to eat the amount of food he wants to eat before he needs to leave for school. 

Besides Sunday night staying up late because we were finally home from the week, he went to bed close to his normal time of 9pm but did not get up until after 8am the next morning.  Last night, he was so tired that he announced "Mommy, let's go to my room and read books" just after I finished eating dinner.  It was only 7:15pm.  We usually don't start reading books until an hour later because he has finally calmed down enough from the day to sit and listen to books.  We read four books.  He climbed into bed and was asleep in less than 10 minutes.  The clock read 7:48pm.  Wow!  I was not sure what I was going to do with this "found" hour (yeah, right!  I have plenty of things I can do....and did).  He slept through the night and was still sleeping this morning close to 8am.  Daddy tried to wake him and Collin told him "it's going to take awhile for me to get up".  HAHA....Daddy, I guess you were warned.

No comments: