Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Let's go get her!"

I had to leave for work really early Thursday morning.  I thought my boys were still sleeping and did not hear me leave.  I did, as I usually do, kiss Daddy bye but did not wake him.  That early in the morning, I did not dare wake up Collin so he....and Daddy....could get some sleep.  Well, after I left, I did not know what a scene I caused until later in the day.  Collin woke up, went into our room, woke Daddy up by pushing on him and saying "Mommy left without giving me a kiss.  Get UP!  Get up so we can go get her!"  Daddy was in a deep sleep before this and was shocked by Collin's demand to get up, get in the car and find me.  Daddy told me later that he thought for a brief second that maybe they could catch me but decided against it.  The rest of the morning was a little stressful for both of my guys. 

I called Daddy when I got to the office Friday morning, and he said Collin did not wake up immediately after I left.  In fact, he slept in until almost 8am when Daddy went to wake him up.  Collin told him that was OK because he was going to sleep on the floor in class when the nappers go to sleep in their beds while Ms. Kristine reads books to the non-nappers.  WAY too cute!!

No comments: