Saturday, September 17, 2011

Negotiator

I am afraid for anyone to go against Collin and his negotiation skills. He is especially brings his A game when it's time to eat, take a bath and get dressed. I know he is about to start in with his skills when he starts with "Mommy, how about I...."

This morning, he really wanted to eat marshmallows for breakfast. I don't think so. I asked if he wanted eggs,"no", cereal, "no" or waffles.....yep, "no". He got a chair from the table and moved it to the food cabinet. He pulled out a bag of marshmallows and sat down at the table then looked over at me with that look that said "I know you don't want me to do this but I really do". He then said, "how about I have 4 marshmallows for dinner (he calls anytime he eats "dinner")?". I then told him he needed to eat breakfast first. He started pulling out a marshmallow and then looked at me. "How about I eat one of these and then I eat my eggs?". I made the mistake thinking he would only have one and then eat his breakfast. He did have one and then snuck in three more before I could put breakfast in front of him. Knowing he did not know what he wanted to eat, I made something for him and something different for me. He did take a few bites of the pastry I made for him and then he pulled put another marshmallow. He ate that and then a few more bites of his pastry. "mommy, how about I have a bite of your eggs?". Here we go again......

No comments: