Monday, September 26, 2011

Top Bunk

We had not planned to do it this weekend, but we put Collin's bunk beds together yesterday.  He has been sleeping on the bottom bunk without the top one since he started sleeping on his big boy bed.  I have mentioned a few times that he did have another bed that will eventually go on top of the one he has.  When he heard Daddy and I talking about putting the beds together on the way home from a furniture store, he told us that his other bed is in the attic when I was asking Daddy if the bed was in the garage or attic.  Guess he really does pay attention to what we say. 

While I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner, Collin and Daddy where moving his mattress and bedding from the bottom bunk to the top one.  We need to get a piece of plywood cut for the bottom bunk before we put the mattress on it and Collin can start using both. 

He did a fantastic job of climbing up and then showing us how to get down.  Instead of on or next to his bed like I have been for the last year, I got to read books to him and his buddies in the chair again.  I really liked being snuggled up next to him.  After reading books, he went potty one more time before climbing onto the top bed.  I left his Spiderman flash light with him in case he needed it.  I did have to tell the guys the rules which now included not climbing out of the bed.  I did not dare mention jumping out of the bed so I would not give Collin this idea....not that he will not figure it out later.  He stayed in bed and only got out once after I left to let me know the flashlight kept coming back on.  At least I knew he COULD get out without me being in there and in the dark.  He did not get out again after that or during the night.  Hmmmmm.....maybe this is the way to keep him in bed through the night?

I think it's so special that he is sleeping on the same bunk beds that Mimi and Aunt Nancy used when they were kids and that Aunt Lisa and I used when we were kids.  He does know that he is sleeping in my spot and where I slept when I was little.  I think he really liked that.

That was just Night 1.  Let's see how the rest of them go.

No comments: