Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Why does he have fire?"

After all of us are home for the day, Daddy and I typically discuss how our day was.  Collin is usually right there and either part of the conversation or at least playing nearby.  Last night was no different.  I just got home after a very long day at work.  Daddy asked me first how my day was.  I told him, "Well, we did fire someone today.  It was the guy I was telling you about the other day."  Collin was definitely listening because he asked me, "Why does he have fire?"  I explained that he did not have fire but that I told him he did not have to come to work anymore.  Then Collin asked, "What was his name?"  I told him and then he asked "Does he have fire anymore?"  I actually was enjoying the conversation we were having and him trying to figure out what I was talking to Daddy about.  He never did after a few different attempts to explain that the guy did not come to work when he was supposed to and did not do a good job.  Fortunately Collin did not associate this with school and ask if he will be fired from school.  That's probably next week's question.  :)

No comments: