Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cousins and Birthday Weekend

Even though Daddy and I had to work a lot this weekend, I know that Collin had a good time with cousins and friends.  Daddy dropped Collin off at Mimi's house for the day Saturday.  They played at her house for less than two hours before they went to Aunt Lisa's house for the rest of the day.  He had a great time playing with his cousins, Timmy and Leah.  He apparently worked up an appetite too because he at a lot for lunch.  I came over around 7:30pm and hung out at the house a bit...even thought Aunt Lisa and family had just left to have dinner.  Mimi and I enjoyed watching a movie while Collin played.  When we finally left, Collin feel asleep within 5 minutes and stayed asleep once we got home.

This morning, I road my bike for the first time in about 5 weeks.  The 26 mi felt great.  Daddy and Collin spent the morning at a local park after having donuts.  I joined them at the house to clean up and get ready to celebrate Matthew's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Collin had a blast inserting coins in all of the games he wanted to play....Daddy did too.  They both did great, had a good time and won almost 500 tickets.  Collin picked out a monster truck and two jelly lizards in exchange for his tickets. 

He was hungry when it was time for the kids to eat and sing the birthday song.  He had 3 slices of pizza, ice cream and most of the birthday cake.  At one point, he stopped eating and told me the cake was really yummy.  The kid is on a roll with eating a lot of food.  I guess he is making up for how much he didn't eat at dinner all those times.

He was in a fantastic mood at the party. Here he is  being the jokester he is and having fun with his ice cream and spoon.  I love this kid.  He sure does know how to make you laugh.

No comments: