Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Racing "Bug"?

This morning, after two waffles, Collin wanted me to hide eggs for him to "hunt".  I got them out yesterday so that he could practice before the big hunt with Saige and Linden.  In prior years, he did not really know what to do with the eggs so I wanted him to know what to expect.  I thought we could practice a few times and figured he would have fun with it.  I did have fun hiding them because I caught Collin peeking a few times.  I remember when I was young and the anticipation of hunting eggs.  I think this year is going to be different because Collin knows exactly what egg hunting is about.  He did a great job finding most of the eggs.  He had trouble finding the eggs in the higher spots or really well hidden which I expected he would.  I hide them one more time before Daddy came up to pick us up to head to the race this morning.

We were headed to watch bike shop customers and friends race in a half ironman. Collin really enjoyed watching the bicycles go by and clap with me. We moved near the shop tent to watch the runners and the volunteers pass out Gatorade, water and other beverages. Here are Daddy and Collin watching the runners go by.


He played with the toys in his backpack when he was not watching the race. At one point, his cars were racing and the elephant was giving the cars Gatorade. Hmmm….I wonder where he to that idea from.



We were there for over 3 hours. Guess who took a nap on the way home? When we got home, Daddy and Collin took a nap (Collin did not sleep much longer). I left for a swim (600 meters….which were tough since it had been a week) and then to the grocery store. After dinner, Collin played outside in the sandbox and then wanted to ride his bike. Daddy and I watched him ride up and down the driveway. At one point, he told me I was handing out water and Daddy was handing out Gatorade. Our drink “duties” did change but Collin continued to ride up and down the driveway. He was picking up speed toward the end of riding. He had to get off his bike to turn it around but did a great job getting the bike moving again. Did he get the race “bug” today? I sure hope he did. I think he would really enjoy it. He must have been excited from the day because he did not go to bed until after 9:30pm tonight. Ugh!






No comments: