Friday, April 1, 2011

"Catch a Tiger On His Toe"

Last night when I came home, Mimi and Collin where already in his room reading a book.  I knew that Collin would likely want me to leave because he prefers Mimi to read and put him to bed over me most of the time.  Last night was no exception....except the way I was asked to leave.  I stayed in his room longer than I am usually "allowed" to hear what he learned at TKD that afternoon.  He showed me two new moves and then I eventually got him to get back in bed and lie down.  I gave him a kiss and then he looked at me and said "Eeny, meeny, miny moe, catch a tiger on the...hmmm....toe [pause as if he were thinking of what the next line of the rhyme was] .... you leave.  I sat there when he said to leave and waited to see what he would say.  Mimi and I started to say the rest of the rhyme, he listened and then repeated the first two phrases of the rhyme again with a new variation and then asked me to leave again.  I gave him a kiss...and then went to the living room.  I had to work anyway so I did not mind too much (April 15th deadline is just two weeks away....ugh!).

No comments: