Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mommy's Office

Daddy dropped Collin off at my office tonight because Daddy had a meeting to attend.  I was not ready to leave yet, so Collin joined me in my office.  He had a blast!  He found my markers (highlighters) and colored some rainbows for me on paper.  One of the partners had some cars in his office and brought them over for Collin to play with.  He drove these around on the floor and on his paper.  He then found my stress ball and threw that against the wall to watch it bounce.  This really kept his attention.  He wanted to sit on my lap and play games on my phone.  He concentrated and kept still so this worked for me too.  He then got bored with that and started opening the drawers of my desk.  He found my chocolate stash!  Yikes! How was I going to tell him that he could not have any of these.  I did let him have one.  Wow, sugar works fast!

In between all of this, he wanted to go to the bathroom.  We attempted to go six times with only one success.  Ugh!  This did delay me finishing what I was reviewing so we could go home.  Each time we left my room (how he referred to my office), he met new friends.  He was so talkative to one of the partners.  He told her:
  • His fast shoes were dirty so he had to wear the ones he had one
  • He had spaghetti for dinner
  • Mommy has a car in her purse
  • He went to "nastiks" and his teach said he smelled like sticky shoes.  This lead him to say she smelled like stinky socks.  Thank goodness she laughed....which made him say it again.
He stopped talking when he saw that she had candy at her desk and asked if he could have one.  He grabbed three of them and did say thank you.  He looked at me and said "Mommy, I love you!"  That was perfect timing.  I could hear the ladies that sat outside her office talking and laughing at the comments Collin was making.  Apparently, seeing him made not just me happy but the others too.  The partner said he should come back next week so we could have races with him around the floor.  This would be great for them to laugh during the tax busy season.

When we got home, it took less than 35 minutes to get him in bed and fall asleep.  Maybe going to the office was good for all of us...including Collin.

No comments: