Sunday, October 17, 2010

"You Can Come to my House"

I have noticed that when Collin likes someone, he tells them "you can come to my house". On the flip side, he does also tell people that "you cannot come to my house". He usually tells this to kids close to his age but he has also told this to our adult friends too. Well, tonight, he was mad at me when I was telling him that he better sit next to me so I an read books or I was not going to read books to him. He kept ignoring me, so I got up to put the books away. He quickly told me, "I am mad at you. You cannot come to my house." Oh really? I told him, "Collin, this is my house and I am already in it. Now what?" He thought and his reply was, "You can read me some books". Ugh....that's where we were just a few minutes ago. I know that reasoning with a toddler can be useless. When does it start working?

No comments: